The members of the City Council of the City of Tampa are seeking citizens to serve on several City of Tampa Boards, Commissions, and Advisory Councils/Commissions.
- Affordable Housing Advisory Committee – (Three positions)
- Architectural Review Commission – (Two positions)
- Barrio Latino Commission – (One position)
- Charter Review Commission – (One alternate position)
- Citizen Review Board – (One position)
- Code Enforcement Board – (One position)
- Equal Business Opportunity Advisory Council – (Six positions)
- Historic Preservation Commission – (Three positions)
Citizens interested in seeking appointment must be residents and registered voters in the City of Tampa. However, there are several Boards, Commissions, and Advisory Councils/Commission that do not require citizens to be residents and registered voters of the City of Tampa. These positions are voluntary. Individuals being appointed to serve on these Boards, Commissions, and Advisory Councils/Commissions serve without compensation. Individuals being appointed may be required to file financial disclosure.
The deadline for submission of applications is 5:00 p.m. on Wednesday-February 7, 2018 in the Office of the City Clerk, Old City Hall, 315 East Kennedy Boulevard, 3rd Floor, Tampa, Florida.
The City Council of the City of Tampa has scheduled three-minute presentations of the applicants on Thursday-February 15, 2018 under Ceremonial Activities and/or Presentations during the regular sessions of Council. The meetings are held in the Tampa City Council Chambers, Old City Hall, 315 E. Kennedy Boulevard, Third Floor, Tampa, Florida.
Applications are available in the Office of the City Clerk, Old City Hall, 315 E. Kennedy Blvd., Third Floor, Tampa, Florida and are also available on the City of Tampa’s website at: http://www.tampagov.net/city-clerk/info/boards-and-commissions
The application can be filled out on-line and can be submitted via U.S. Mail, fax, or e-mail. Directions for submission are listed on the application.